Just setup a cloud JIRA instance and it asked me to create a project. I did and it created a project that is Software type. My project was more of a Business type. I there a way to change that or do I need to delete and recreate?
Simple fix dude..
First make sure you have Admin rights...
This changes just between Software and Business. But when I recreated the project it had a few more descriptive options. I wonder if those options display if I try and change the project type...
That's normal.. But you can choose to customize to your heart's content.
The project type is mostly for telling JIRA how to do the initial setup, and then later (JIRA 7 onwards), classification as well. As Akeem says, you can "customise to your heart's content" later - that means changing the project schemes to ones suitable for your newly selected project type (or other schemes that work better)
How do I create a new Type other than Business, Software or Service Desk, we had different types when I was at the FAA. I cannot seem to create a new type in the current software.
Randy
Those types have sub-types, but my guess is that the FAA used Cloud Jira, and your new place does not. The sub-types list on Cloud is a LOT longer (but still fixed)
The FAA did not have the cloud 3 years ago, it was server based. We build Flight Simulators and the Types do not match our engineering and development. We have Engineering, mechanical electrical and software, along with fabrication. I am having to build everything under Software
In that case, the types you had at the FAA were provided by apps that added more project types.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.