Hi Team,
we want a custom field to be shown in comments, also the values of it should be editable in comments itself. we are looking for any inbuild feature then a plugin.
Regards
Rahul
There is not a native feature in Jira to support this.
Can you provide more details on your use case for this? Maybe we can recommend an alternate solution.
Hi Trudy,
at particular transition we want a custom field which should show in comments with its drop down values to choose as per case.
are there any plugins or do we have any script for it to work.
Rahul Pardeshi
any update
Why do you need the field to be imbedded in the Comment? What is the use case for having the field imbedded in the Comment?
Why not have the field be separate from the Comment? Why would that not fulfill your need?
I am not aware of any plugin or script for achieving what you want, but that doesn't mean that such a solution does not exist. I have never had a need to implement this so I have not searched for a solution.
Hello!
I know it's been almost a year, but I found a solution. We wanted to tag the assignee in a comment when the value of a custom field changed. I added the following rule to the global automation.
In this example, the custom field name is "Spike Timebox". I referred to the guidance found here: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/.
I hope this helps!
Hello @Senita
Your solution takes data from a custom field and adds that data to a comment.
The poster wants to imbed the field itself in the comment, not just the value stored in a field.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.