Hello all, I have read a couple of post and wasn´t able to find a way to achieve what I want.
I want that if the status of a ticket is in "working", there is no way to edit one of the custom fields .
Hi guillermo.casco@grey.com
Out of the box, you can't achieve that, since Jira do not provide field level security and editability per se. There are solutions and workaround which I describe below:
Let me know if any of the above solution would be suitable for you.
Hello @Alex Koxaras -Relational- quite interested in option 1 or 3. not sure how to do it , do you have an example or something? thank you
Option 2 I think I know how..thing is that ALL fields will be "non editable".
Regarding option 3 not quite sure the aproach there.
Let's examine the 3rd case which is doable without any additional app:
First of all you have to get rid of that specific field from the edit screen. With that said the user will be able to enter in upon issue creation and only view it within the new issue view (clicking it, will not go into edit mode).
STEP 1: To do that I would go to project settings > screens and click the individual screens to edit them and to make sure that this field will be only visible on the create and view issue operation:
In that point you would want to try open an issue of that specific issue type and try to see if that field is editable (it shouldn't be).
STEP 2: Go to cog > issues > screens > add screen. Give it a name and edit it so as to add your field to that screen:
STEP 3: Next step is to edit our workflow. Head on to project settings > workflows, and click that pencil icon of the specific issue type:
The results are shown below:
Initial status with the Edit Client transition visible.
Clicking it will popup the screen to edit it
On the In Progress status the field is locked, since the Edit Client transition is not visible:
BUt on the next status (or any other status) the transition will be available
Hope it helps. Took about 25 minutes for this reply lol
Feature request for the same please vote & watch for updates 😊
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-78768
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.