Hi,
I am migrating my project from my company-owned JIRA to client-owned JIRA, both JIRA is on cloud. I am using CSV migration because there is no other way for cloud to cloud migration. The major problem that I am facing is I am not able to retain the assignees, reporters, etc in the target system.
As I understand, these user-specific fields are showing first and last names in exported CSV file, so I went and created users with the same first and last name in the target system before doing the import. I am doing this because these users have company-given email ids and I don't want CSV import to create users on its own with random email prefixes but unfortunately this did not work for me. CSV import created new users with some random email prefix.
For example, my email is eshitabhadoria@xyz.com (consider XYZ is my company domain name) and my first and last name in CSV was Eshita Bhadoria, so I went and create the user in target JIRA with email eshitabhadoria@xyz.com and Eshita Bhadoria as my first and last name. I mapped the Assignee field and chose the map value. While mapping value I was able to see Eshita Bhadoria in the mapped value and I thought JIRA correctly mapped my name, but in the next step, I saw that a new user got created and when I checked in user management a new user with email ebhadoria@xyz.com was created with the inactive state. So, ebhadoria is the random string i am talking about.
I have looking to migrate approx 7000 issues and it's impossible to assign tickets to correct assignees manually. Hoping to get some help from the community.