First - I am new to Confluence and have spent most of the day try to solve this on my own so please forgive the newbie question.
We are looking to create a template which can be used over and over for various Client related details. I have created a variable field called "Client Name" and selected the "List" option.
I have over 400 items I need to include in the list of options, and entering them manually, separated by commas and attempting to keep them in alpha-order seems like a massive waste of time. There has to be a better way.
Since my list is in Excel, and could easily be imported into a table, I am thinking once done there has to be a way to use that table to populate the variable list (especially since we will add to the list as new clients come on board)?
Am I off the mark on this? I have to believe we are not the first people to try something like this, but since I cannot find anything anywhere perhaps I am wrong.
Has anyone out there done something like this or have any suggestions?