I have used the Jira plugin for excel many times in the past, however today I encountered an unexpected error. When I click "get started" to grant access to Jira, I am given the following error:
You don't have an Atlassian Jira & User identity site to connect Jira Cloud for Spreadsheets to. Visit http://www.atlassian.com to create a site.Something's not right? Raise a support request.
You don't have an Atlassian Jira & User identity site to connect Jira Cloud for Spreadsheets to. Visit http://www.atlassian.com to create a site.
Something's not right? Raise a support request.
Does anyone know how to resolve this? I'd love to be able to pull reports of issues into an excel doc like I did in the past.
Have you tried to reconnect to your Jira instance?
(I could imagine that the Excel plugin's session expired in the background and all you have to do is re-authenticating to Jira.)
Hi @lesya.zaichenko
Jira Cloud for Excel has these intermittent, cryptic glitches that sometimes just go away on their own. How long has this been the case? Did you try reconnecting your add-in to Jira Cloud? I collected a few cases of Jira Cloud for Excel errors and how to handle them, but there is really not much you can do other than the usual (disable, enable, reconnect, re-install, wait, etc).
Hi @Levente Szabo _Midori_ Thank you for your help! I have uninstalled and reinstalled my Jira add-in for Excel, rebooted my machine, etc. Unfortunately this issue is persisting throughout the day and over the course of multiple days.
Hi @Aron Gombas _Midori_ thank you for you response! The core issue is that I am unable to connect to my Jira instance entirely. I've removed and then freshly installed the Jira add-in for Excel, tried exporting a new issues report to excel, and encounter the same issue each time. I pasted a screenshot of the error in my response to the other answer above.
Hi, how did you remove this problem ?
Thank you
I haven't been able to resolve this problem yet. It's a major bummer.
We have kind of a similar problem after enabling allowlist on our cloud instance of Jira. If the list is disabled, Excel add-in works, if it is enabled it does not, despite the fact that the IP of the person's computer who is running Excel in on the list.
I have the same issue and haven't resolved it.
okay
I had the same problem and have been able to resolve it by performing the following steps. The issue for me was that I had access to 2 Jira instances and it did not know which one I wanted to sign into.
1. When clicking Connect to Jira it redirects to a screen to type in a 6 digit code.
2. Copy the url of this page into an Incognito Chrome Window
3. The Incognito window will force a sign on. I am then able to select which Jira instance I want to log into and then sign on using my standard work email log in.
Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Your steps have helped me, solve the issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.