We'd like to use Script Runner for our hosted JIRA.
You know, I want to have that conversation with @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] as well. I suspect the answer is going to be a resounding "no", because the script runner effectively allows an admin to inject code, and that can be a disaster in the hands of an inexperienced admin. As Cloud is hosted, the last thing a host wants to do is hand the users a tool that could destroy their installation and then be asked to fix it!
However, I know he's looking into modular permissions, so that you can write a script and use it without being an admin, so I could see a version in the future where the script runner could be enabled in Cloud, with a pre-selected list of scripts that Atlassian Cloud Admins can test, commit to supporting, and restrict you to.But I don't know if that is the plan.
Actually, we just want the JQL features in this plugin. It'd be great if Jamie Echlin could separate the JQL part into its own plugin.
Good question, I don't know if the JQL is entwined with the script runner in any way.
Dave M just closed tha jac request for this feature
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.