This workaround is meant to help projects where it is necessary to assign a new issue/request directly to a specific agent to better organize the queue management. For a such scenario, I used ProForma with Automation For Jira(A4J). Also, I used as an example a form related to an IT - Change request, where the customer will select in a radio buttons fields the option of IT change. For which option chose the new request will auto-assign to a specific agent. This method can be used for other purposes (eg. issues with approvers).
Important related documentation:Building Forms in ProFormaWorking with Service ProjectsWorking with Software & Business ProjectsProForma & A4JHow AFJ worksSmart valuesAdvanced field editing - JSON
Note: Because ProForma updates the issue and linked fields with a milliseconds delay after the issue is created, when more information a form has, more "Re-fetch issue data" actions will be necessary to add so that this delay is rewarded and the automation rule can get the form values.
Note: To find the custom field ID please take a look at this documentation. Also, to get the ProForma proprieties you can access it using this URL below: https://<atlassianCloudAddress>/rest/api/2/issue/<issue-key>/properties/proforma.forms
https://<atlassianCloudAddress>/rest/api/2/issue/<issue-key>/properties/proforma.forms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsIlPveRbDQ
Wow that will be very usefull for sure ! I'll save this for future use !
Thanks !
this is great!!
@Bruno Altenhofen , thanks for sharing!
That is amazing!
Amazing!
If you want to avoid the repetitive re-fetching of data, you can have the form populate a specific hidden field when the form is submitted. Then, instead of using the Issue Created trigger, you can use the Field value changed trigger. I pair that with a JQL match of "created > -2m" just to make sure we're dealing with a new issue.
I've never seen that process fail to access form values.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.