I found this connector (https://docs.confluent.io/kafka-connect-jira/current/overview.html) but I have problems understanding how it works. This connector supports a limited number of jira tables, which are accessed only by issue number. And I don't see any options to get all the existing issues using it.
Do I understand correctly, I should use usual API request (without Kafka connector) to get all issues (for example with JQL - https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v2/api-group-issue-search/#api-group-issue-search)? And then use this connector for getting information about each issue from previous request?
It seems to me that this is the wrong using of the connector, or I do not understand something from its description(
Hi @Oleg Vyglovskiy , welcome to the Community!
While this won't answer your question about the Kafka connector, I do want to mention that Atlassian is working on a Data Lake for the Premium and Enterprise cloud plans. Sign-ups are currently closed, but the details are on Introducing Atlassian Data Lake for Jira Software - Early Access [CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR SIGN-UPS] .
Again this doesn't help answer your question with the Kafka connector, but I did want to mention this is coming in the future. Hopefully this information can help you plan your longer-term strategies if you're working on importing data into a BI tool.
Cheers,Daniel
Hi @Daniel Eads!
Thanks for the answer, but you're right - it won't help me right now(But I'll come back to the data lake in the future, thanks for the idea!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.