I have a project with 4 issue types : epic, story, task and bug.
I would like to add a new issue type named documentation and then customize the workflow for that issue type to be a subset of the workflow for the other pre-existing issue types.
I tried to follow the instructions at this page but did not have a whole lot of success.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/add-edit-and-delete-an-issue-type/
Welcome to the community!
"did not have a whole lot of success" does not help us understand the problem. Where exactly are you stuck on this?
Are you definitely in a company-managed project? Or are you stuck on creating the issue-type scheme? Or getting errors when editing it? Or something else?
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Are you definitely in a company-managed project?
Yes, positive
I need simple instructions on how to add Documentation as a new issue type that will show up when creating a new JIRA issue. I tried to follow the instructions as per above link but that created a new scheme rather than adding Documentation to the default scheme where Epic, Story and Sub-Task already exist.
Ok, so where are you stuck on creating a new issue type and adding it into your project's "issue type scheme"?
Documentation shows as a new scheme and does not show up when I click on Create menu button.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.