Hi all,
I've been having trouble finding the Agile best practice regarding how to assign tasks to my software team.
I know Jira's best practice is to create deliverable User Stories, that add value to the end-user. This means each User Story must include sub-tasks such as design, implementation, testing etc. So that the end result can be deliverable.
Each of those subtasks needs to be performed by a different team - QA team/ mobile development team/ design team etc etc.
Taking all the above into consideration, we are left to assume that we should be assigning tasks to users on a SUB TASK level, not a User Story level.
HOWEVER
This poses a big issue since in Jira the capacity planning for a sprint is done based on USER STORY.
If we estimate duration on a USER STORY level but assign to a team member on a SUB TASK level - how can we know how much estimation is on a team member for a specific sprint? How will we ever know if we are planning our sprint correctly?
I hope this was clear, happy to clarify if not.
Your thoughts and advice would be very much appreciated.