Hi All,
I've created a date picker custom field.
I wish to give it a default value of {{Now}}+X Hours
Is there a simple wat to do that?
You could do this with automation but what would be your trigger?
Good question. I do not have an answer for that yet. let me tell you more about the scenario. I’ve created a looped transition for asking for more information. For the transition I’ve created a screen where the user can set the assignee, the question and the time by which he needs the answer. I than created an scheduled rule which checks whether there was answer given and if not it assigns the issue back to the one who asked the question. (And also sends a message to both users)
now, our rnd manager asked that the default time for waiting would be 24 hours. This is why I wanted the date picker to have a dynamic default value.
maybe I am tackling the whole questioning idea wrong so I am more than ready to hear other suggestions
I need the trigger to be something between when the user presses the transition button and before he execute the transition itself. Therefor I do not know if it is possible.
Any Idea?
Hi @Hadas Hamerovv
I am still a bit puzzled by what problem you are trying to solve.
Anyway...you may want to consider using the field value changed trigger, checking for a change to your custom field. That may work more reliably as that transition may fire prior to the field change...leaving the data not yet set.
Kind regards,Bill
Very simple.
I have a transition screen with a date picker field / I am able to set its default value to { now } but am not able to set it to few hours ahead of the current time.
Now for the motivation:
We allow users to assign an issue temporarily to someone else. Setting the field to a future time will reassign back to current user automaticallyThey asked for a default value of 12h from current time so they don’t have to manually enter this. If this interval suites them than it’s set. If they want another time they ya of course modify the field’s value.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.