I am currently unable to find a simple solution that would allow me, a Jira Admin, the ability to remove or reset the resolution field.
Currently, when a jira user accidentally sets an issue to a status of 'Done', the resolution field is also set to 'Done'. Once this happens it cannot be removed/reset. Even if the user moves the issue back to a status of 'To Do' or 'In Progress'. This seems to only affect a company-managed project.

I am aware that I can make the resolution field apart of the screen scheme and can be edited by a user by selecting an option from a drop-down but that is not what I want. As a user, I want to be able to move an issue out of a done status and the resolution field to be removed/reset (aka: no longer visible) when I move it out of this type of status.