I have added the "Summary" to the screen and still getting the prompt and can't use to create issue. How to deal with this? TIA
There are two possibilities I can think of.
1. You have a second, custom field that has been created that is also named Summary, but the one that is required is the original, system-defined Summary field.
2. There is a Validator in your workflow that has placed a requirement on the Summary field which your entry is not meeting, or the Validator is actually checking a different field entirely and incorrectly says "Summary" in the error message.
Check each of those and let us know what you find.
You are my savior!!! There was indeed 2 summary, but the funny thing is when I go to custom field, I can only see 1 summary. I found the other summary at the view field configuration.
Thank you so much!
There would be only one listed in Custom Fields because only one of of them is a Custom Field. The other is a System Field. Custom Fields lists only the custom fields. It does not list the System fields.
Another way to find out if there is a System field and a Custom field with the same name is to go to the Advanced Search screen, use the JQL input option, and start typing the name of the field. Jira will show you fields that match the name you are entering.
Hello everyone!
I have the same problem, but I do not need the summary field in the create issue view. It does not appear as a field in the screen, but it gives the same error.
OMG - Jira's Error Messages !So, My own gotcha was that I'd specified a screen (attached to *Create* operation) that didn't have the 'Summary' field on it !Same Error - different stupidity !
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.