Hi,
I would like to make a required field optional. I know how to do it according to this link:https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/change-a-field-configuration/#Changingafieldconfiguration-Howtoassociateafieldwithscreens
However, the field is not mandatory but it is LOCKED. Any one an idea how to handle this please?
ThanksBamela
Fields are locked mainly to prevent them being mis-configured. You can not unlock them on Cloud.
Which field is it, and why are you trying to make it optional?
Locked fields are Jira system fields. Which field are you interested in making optional? I assume this is during the Create action?
Thanks for your reply. It's the field "Epic Color"
Thanks,
Bamela
Thanks for your reply Jack! I wanted to bulk move issues to a different issue type. In this case to an epic and epic color is required. What's your experience? Would you fill in a random colorname?
I would fill in a colour that is appropriate - Epics display their colour in some places, and it flows down into the issues that are in the Epic, so you should pick something that helps you distinguish them, or if you don't want to use colour at all, pick a colour that you will use for all Epics.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.