How can I set the same status on multiple columns? For example I want "IN PROGRESS" on multiple columns.
Hi @AT and welcome to the Community,
Unforunately I cannot give you the answer you probably would like to hear, as that is not possible. A status can only be mapped to 1 board column.
The opposite - mapping multiple statuses to 1 column - is an option in company-managed projects.
Yea Walter - I did not like your answer! Here is my situation - I want to track steps within the larger "In Progress" state. What is the BEST way to do it without adding new statuses?
You can't track individual steps without each step being a separate status. There is no "best" way to do it without new status because there is no way to do it without new status.
Jira has three status categories, into which you can map many status (i.e. track your steps). On a board, the default is usually one column for each of these status categories, but you can then have many columns into which you map the status. Most people will split the in-progress column into many columns, each with a specific status in it (or as Walter says, for company-managed projects, several status)
As @Walter Buggenhout said, you can't. You need to add additional statuses in the workflow. Using an off the shelf tool requires you to conform to it's rules and configurations.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.