UPDATE: This issue is affecting only 3 issue types, any request that isn’t one of those specific issue types errors.
We just started receiving the following errors when creating and submitting every request type except 1 on our service desk.
User Error from the portal: Your request could not be created. Please check the fields have been correctly filled in.
Agent error from support side view: We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the log file.
I found a similar issue here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Your-request-could-not-be-created-Please-check-the-fields-have/qaq-p/1446575
BUT it doesn't fit the same issue I'm seeing which is -
We have several Request Types, and it seems half give the errors and the other half won't gives the errors posted above. I compared the fields between the one that works and one that doesn't and they have the same fields (including 2 AD hidden custom fields) I removed the custom fields and still cannot/create a ticket and the other request type still works.
I looked at the log files and there's nothing out of the ordinary that suggests this is an issue. I'm at a loss as to what the cause it, my hunch says it's still a custom field issue but I'm stuck on where to look.