I can see a due date field on the cards in my kanban board. When I hover over the card it say 'Due date: None' and when I click into the card there is no field to set a due date. I also can't set a due date for epics. How are you supposed to use the roadmap if it is so difficult to add a due date??
No option to add it or make my own in issue layout by the way.
Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? I think from what you have shown you are working with a Company Managed project. It will say at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.
Can you provide us sample images for these statements?
"I can see a due date field on the cards in my kanban board"
"When I hover over the card it says 'Due date: None' "
Are you an administrator for this project (or a Jira administrator)? You need to check the "MES: Kanban Default Issue Screen". If you are an administrator for the project you should be able to go to Project Settings > Screens, and see a link for "MES: Kanban Default Issue Screen". If you click on that link you should see the list of fields included on that screen. If that list doesn't include Due Date, then the field will not be available when you are viewing the details of the issues.
In that case a Jira administrator would need to modify that screen definition to add the Due Date field to it.
company software project, I am a project admin.
There is no link for me to click
Hm, I thought a project admin might be able to see the settings for a screen definition, but it would seem like I was wrong. Can you work with a Jira administrator for your system to get that information?
From your second image where you show the hovering, I am able to discern that an Administrator of your agile board has updated the Card Layout to include display of the Due Date field. This is possible to do even if that fields is not part of the screens for the issues in your project.
So, I suspect this goes back to the "MES: Kanban Default Issue Screen" definition not including the Due Date field. That will require a Jira Administrator to confirm and update the screen definition if it is needed. Then the Due Date field should become available for all the issues types that use that screen (Epic, Story, Task, and Sub-task).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.