When I try to add people to a project via the 'project settings' > 'people' function, deleted users also pop up in the search field. How can I remove them from those lists so that we prevent to add deleted users to existing projects?
Depends on how you mean "deleted users". That's controlled through user-management area in the admin areas.If you have properly removed them (delete or disable their account) they will not show up in the selector (they won't have a valid license, so you can't assign or even query for them directly) - but if you just 'deleted' them from a project, then you will always be able to add them with that People screen.
I have properly removed them by deleting their account via the user management function as atlassian admin, but they still show up in the selector. Is there anything I can do?
I also have exactly the same problem as Tim.
I would try clearing the cache in your browser.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.