I have two projects - the sub-tasks in each project have the same required fields , yet on one project I can add a subtask without the Create screen popup by just entering the subject name inline. In the other project I add the subject name inline, but the create dialog still displays without any further required fields.
I've been trying to find any other differences in how these two projects are set up that would cause this but could not find any. The workflow "create" transition in both projects have the same validators (create issues permission required) and post functions.
I have found some discussions about the new issue view which say the Create popup will appear if there are any required fields, but in some of our projects, it does not appear even though there are required fields.
Does anyone have an answer about why this would behave this way? Thanks in advance
Ben