Hi all, this is my first post here and I'm relatively new to JSM having moved over from Zendesk a few weeks ago. I'd like to set up some automation using the Recurring Tasks plugin so that it is possible to automatically schedule issues such as certificate expirations, etc. This plugin simply uses the issue workflows we have, which are the ones Jira provides as standard.
Our customers are our colleagues in these cases, so they need to be kept informed of progress and be able to participate in conversations using email. They don't need to use the Jira web portal, nor should they require an agent licence.
I have read the guide on adding participants and it seems that I need to a) create a group of users b) create a role then c) apply the permission to browse projects to that role. I have done this, but things still aren't working as I expected. I have used the permission helper to check the user permissions and this tells me that they do not have the ability to browse projects.
Have I misunderstood the way JSM works or have I perhaps got something wrong in the setup?
Thanks