Hi there,
I am trying to come up with a Sprint board for a new project I am working on. I have never had Jira admin rights before so I am not sure if I can execute the workflows I have in my mind. Let me explain my vision, and please let me know if it possible to take care of it in Jira or not.
Work flows for different issue types:
1. Story ( To do -> In-development, In-QA -> Deployment ready -> Done)
2. Sub-tasks under the story (To do -> In-progress -> Done)
3. If the sub-task = Defect (To do -> Dev In-Progress -> Fixed/QA to Re-test (Can be sent back to dev here), Closed/Done(with resolution reason) , Re-open)
The columns in the Sprint can be:
Back-log (only for stories), To-Do (Sub-tasks under the story), Dev-Inprogress, QA-Inprogress, Ready for deployment, Done)
This is atleast what I am thinking, but I am not even sure it can be done this way in JIRA or not. Please guide.