I've been using Jira for ten years at this point, and the most infuriating of the recent changes is that I can't find a way to add an epic to an existing ticket. The four options I'm used to using aren't working. Here's the problem I'm running into when I try each one:
The edit screen no longer pulls up when I hit "e" on the ticket screen.
Neither of the three dots menus allows me to pull up the edit screen.
Trying to link issues does not give the "epic link" option.
When adding issues to an epic the only option is to create a new issue, you can't add an existing one.
It is not uncommon for someone to create what they think is a one off request only to find that it needs to be part of an epic. Not having an easy way to add issues to epics is an absolute nonstarter, it makes jira practically unusable. What am I missing? Did I fail to set something up in permissions or something? I've spoken with other project managers who all have the same frustration.