I am wildly frustrated with the way subtasks, once created, are so very hidden in JIRA.
I had a note for myself from last Friday: "SE-106". Typing in this very issue key into the searchbar returns no results.
By and by, after clicking around endlessly and wasting time, I found it: SE-106. A subtask of SE-11. I hadn't been mistaken about the issue key. It is just that it doesn't come up in the search. I checked, and if I perform the exact same search, but with the issue key of a regular task, it does work.
Now, first of all, I shouldn't have to keep separate notes about which precise issue keys I need because subtasks are so darn hard to find. But even if subtasks ARE buried and hidden to the point where I am tempted to stop using them (which is a shame, because my brain works best with tasks and subtasks) I would really like to know:
Am I doing something wrong here? Or is it true that you can search for regular issues by key, but issue keys aren't enough to find subtasks???? I shouldn't have to write a JQL query to find a task when I have the exact key. If that is the case, that is absolutely foul.