Hello Atlassian community!
In my organization, some users have active Jira licenses and some don't, but what I'm trying to accomplish is to add everyone with a customer role to be able to see and create requests through a portal we created for internal public only.
So I'm wondering what's the best way to allow everyone to have access as a customer (portal view only) without having to add them manually.
For users with licenses, it's easier because I can simply add users from the "jira-servicedesk-users" and "jira-software-users" to Project Settings/People and give them the "Service Desk Customer" role.
Now, for people without Jira licenses, I'm not sure what's the best way to go about it... What I'm thinking is that an alternative would be to add Atlassian Access to our suite. That way, every new employee would automatically have site access and added to a default group, which I could also assign the Service Desk Customer role. This way, I would never have to worry about adding someone manually every time - or even removing them when they leave the company for that matter. But adding Atlassian Access would significantly increase the cost with Atlassian products so I'm not sure this is the best solution.
What I did for now to try and remediate this was to allow everyone from my domain to join by going into Site Settings/Site Access and marking the option to allow all users with approved email domains to join with or without an invitation. But I'm not sure exactly what happens if someone from my domain (the one I approved) that doesn't have access to my portal tries to access it. Would they automatically get access to my portal as a customer?
Sorry, too many questions 
Any insight into this matter would be much appreciated.
Cheers!