Hi!If I clone an issue (Jira Software (Cloud)), it automatically creates a link to the issue I cloned it from. How can I turn this off?regards,ST
Is anyone able to explain how to create an automation rule which removes the link when issues are cloned?
Hi @ST Kambor-Wiesenberg
I do not believe there is an option to disable that link. As a work-around, I think you could create an automation rule which removes the link when issues are cloned.
Kind regards,Bill
Hi @Bill Sheboy ,
thanks for your answer. Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to implement this?
many greetings,ST
Hi @ST Kambor-Wiesenberg,
I'm Marlene from codefortynine.
If you need an easy way to prevent "clone" links, you can try our Marketplace app Deep Clone for Jira.
There are many options to modify your clone, that might be helpful for you, e.g. prevent the prefix "Clone".
Hello @ST Kambor-Wiesenberg
If you don't mind using a paid add-on, their are several ones that lets you create cloned issues without linking them to the original issue : Marketplace search.
I'm actually the Product Manager of one of those apps, Elements Copy & Sync. Our add-on actually let's you clone and move your issues faster than the native Jira operation. You can just select what you want to copy...
And then directly select where you want the clone to be located :
I'll be happy to answer if you have any question.
Kind regards,
Julien
Hi,I don't really want to install an additional plugin to disable a useless feature. I also don't understand the advantage of your plugin, because in the end I need even more clicks than before if I just clone the issue and delete the link.Regards,ST
Hi,Same situation as above, the solution does not fit my problem. You only want to distribute your plugins. I don't want to install an additional plugin to disable a useless feature. I also don't understand the advantage of your plugin, because in the end I need even more clicks than before if I just clone the issue and delete the link.Regards,ST
Hello,
The plugin can be set up so that you only have to configure it once.
I'm not sure of the use case during which you need to clone your issues, but if needed, you could clone them automatically during a status transition (let's say when the issue is transitioned to "In Progress"), with no additional click required.
The native Jira "Clone" also doesn't let you select a target, so if you need to clone to another project you would have to use the completely different "Move" option. Our add on let's you do both at once.
All of this being said, Jira can be frustrating with certain "basic" features, but I do understand the need to not use any additional plugin, that's why I opened with that.
I do not want to repeat myself, your plugin does not solve our problem & I don't pay $50 a year to fix a bug.
I have no way to check right now, but I believe something like this will work:
- Trigger: When an issue is created
- Loop on all the links in the issue
- If link type = "clones", remove link
I can not find the point "loop". Is this an new condition or new action?I tried When: Issue created, Then: Delete issue link(s) clones; but it didn't work. Probably the clone links are set when the issue is created and then the rule comes too late?
Here is the automation rule, I just checked and it works perfectly :
@ST Kambor-Wiesenberg , sorry I missed following up on your question. I am glad to see someone else in the community helped you do this with an automation rule!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.