Hello,
I'm studying for the ACP-620 Exam. Amongst the resources I'm using to study, is the 300 Page Study Guide by Atlassian. In that student study guide — It appears I've come across some conflicting information regarding what a Board Administrator can and cannot do (In Jira Cloud).
- In one place, it says "The Board administrator can perform the same board configurations as a Jira or Project administrator, except that a Board administrator cannot add or remove statuses."
- In another place, it says "The Board administrator can also create the new column and add (workflow) statuses to it, but cannot actually create new statuses."
Which one is correct?
My understanding of who can manage boards and what they can do is the following:
- Jira Admin, Project Admin and Board Admin can: Create Boards
- Jira Admin, Project Admin and Board Admin can: Add or Remove Columns
- Only the Jira Admin and Project Admin (Not the Board Admin) can: Add or REmove Statuses
- Jira Admin, Project Admin and Board Admin can perform all other board functions.