In Jira Advanced Roadmaps there is the concept of a team which includes team members. We would like to be able to automatically assign an issue to a team based on who the issue is assigned to. Jira Advanced Roadmaps provides the ability to list team members in each team but this list is not used by any feature. It would make sense for Jira Advanced Roadmap to automatically associate an issue to a team based on 1) who the issue is assigned to and 2) which team they are on. We are finding this must be manually done which causes capacity to be missed in capacity planning.
Hi @Josh Stout,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
You may want to check out this EAP for the new Team field, hopefully Advanced Roadmap will use that instead of the current one.
@Mikael Sandberg Thank you for providing the link to the EAP.
@Josh Stout I'm from the team who is working on the EAP that Mikael is referring to. And I love your idea of automatically assigning to team based on the assigned user!.
One hurdle here is though a user can be a member of more than 1 team. I'm keen to hear your opinions on how such a case should be handled.
@Ishan Somasiri Thanks for the quick reply! In the case of a user being assigned to multiple teams the team assignment should remain null and the assignment should be performed manually.
@Josh Stout Thank you!.
We'll have a think about this. I personally am interested in making this possible. Will check what others think as well, and try to build this ASAP. But I can't promise any concrete timelines here given this is at very early stage at present. Will keep you posted (if there are any updates).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.