Hey jira community,
if got a question about how to update automaticely the status when i add a puplic comment. I found out that the field ist calld {{comment.jsdPublic}} an the status is true or falls for intern an puplic. i coud not figuer in wich step of the outomation i coud past it in. I saw some screenshots in the forum bevor but i think that there were not taken of the cloud version.
Thanks for helping me!
Best regardsPascal
Hi @Pascal Ambros -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You have identified the smart value you need. Now use an advanced compare condition to test it for the values you want.
If that does not help. please post images of your complete rule and the audit log showing the details of trying to run the rule. That will provide some context for the community to offer suggestions. Thanks!
Kind regards,Bill
Hi Bill Sheboy,
thank you for helping me answring my question. Exactly this, I was trying bevor but could not get any reaction from the automation back.In the following screenshots, you can take a closer look at what I did befor.
I wonder if that smart value has more structure to it, or a different value than you expect.
Two things to try to learn more:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field/
If I go to the REST API and search in the JSON I've managed to get this path: fields.comment.comments[0].jsdPublic
I've tried to audit log that value but it showed me nothing. If I try comment.body it gives me back the content of the comment but comment.jsdPublic is just empty.
Could it be that the jsdPublic attribute is just not in the smart values?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.