Hi,
I have found a warning msg "This parent issue ends before its child issues are scheduled to complete." appear in all epic timelines in the roadmap. Not so sure how to make it gone.
Thank you.
Hello @Jatuporn
Welcome to the community.
Are you using the built in Basic Roadmaps functionality of the Jira Cloud Standard plan, or have you added a third part roadmap app?
Do these epics have child issues that Due Date values filled in? And are those child issue Due Dates later than the Due Date of the Epic?
Hi @Trudy P Claspill Thanks a lot for very useful suggestion. Yes I guessed I have added one third part roadmap app, but just now already uninstalled the app.
However, the warning mark still there. Not so sure how could I remove the Due Date and make the warning disappear? Thank you Trudy.
You will need to edit the child issues and either delete the Due Date value or change it to be earlier than the Due Date of the parent Epic, or edit the parent Epic and change its Due Date to be later than the Due Date of any of the child issues.
Thank you for your advise @Trudy P Claspill I have tried to set the due date to be no value for all issues, but still the warnings do not disappear and display just the same. So is it Due Date field and Start Date fields to deal with?
Will there ever be an answer to this? I have several epics with this issue and have gone through tasks and stories in the epics - no due date conflicts, but Epics still show the error. Can we please have a fix for this?
(Posted as an Answer in the hope that it will get more notice than the several replies above who remain unanswered by Jira personnel)
@Lars Vilhelmsen
@Jeremy Sherwood
@Ana Vizcarrondo
@Jatuporn
@WajahatRahman
Given that this is a user community, not a support portal, there is not a standard that Atlassian personnel are monitoring all the posts to provide answers.
I recommend that you contact Atlassian Support directly by opening a support case via https://support.atlassian.com/ , and then post back here the response you get to share that info with the rest of the community.
For me, this issue happens when I add a ticket to a sprint and the sprint end date is after the Epic end date. I have no due dates on epics or tickets, but that sprint end date seems to be the issue.
This issue occurs bcoz ur epic is not linked to sprint 1 as example
Some of the stories/task under the epic are part of sprint 1.
Solution - assign sprint 1 to epic, if sprint 1 is closed then move all done task to next sprint.
I have finally solved this. Delete the Start Date & End Date inside your Epic. That crazy exclamation point will be gone. Thank you. Please like my FB page: Artmiker Facebook Page
The fix for me was I just had to drag the epic start date ahead than child on the advance roadmap page.
Right click on the schedule bar and select remove either due date or start date
Go Over to Board settings and -> ˇimeline and change to schedule child issues by dates
thanks for the adviceeverything is working
To fix the issue where a parent issue ends before its child issues are scheduled to complete in the Roadmap, follow these steps:
This worked for me too. Thanks for the solution.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.