I have a tech writing assignment for which Confluence is the platform. Confluence help says to choose Spaces>Create Space to try out the documentation feature. I don't see that - is that a limitation of the demo account I'm using?
I should add that the above question was posed in respect of the demo account I've opened to learn the platform, not the client's instance of Confluence.
Welcome to the Atlassian Community @Jonathan Shearman Do you have site admin access to the confluence cloud site that you just created ?
Select Spaces in the Confluence navigation and select View all spacesand select Create space.
Hi @Jonathan Shearman ,
These are type of space blueprints, confluence comes with these templates as shown here - https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/create-a-space-from-a-template/. As a confluence admin these blueprints can be disabled.
I checked with one of my trail (I hope you mean the same by demo account) account and it's there , navigating to space then create a new space. I am sharing the SS below just for reference:
Another guide to get started with this - https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/guides/get-started/set-up#step-4 and inside that using documentation spaces to create technical documents inside.
Let me know if that helps.
Spaces can only be created by administrators, or people in the groups named as "can create spaces". It sounds like your account is not either of those.
There's a step missing in the How To documentation. Instead of Spaces>Create Space, you need to go Spaces>View all spaces>Create Space. (Just feeling my way around, thanks all!)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.