I've been asked to make a dashboard that can show the date of the last updated issue within each project. I'm highly experienced at SQL and have known about and occasionally made use of Jira's JQL syntax for years. In SQL, this would be trivially easy. However, JQL doesn't seem to offer any kind of GROUP BY or TOP operations.
What I've gone so far is created a filter for each project using a query like the following:
Project = "My Project Name" AND Status in ("To Do", "In Progress") ORDER BY Updated DESC
From there, I've added a Filter Results gadget for each project to the dashboard and configured it to use the project filter for 1 result and displaying only the project and updated fields. For some reasons, there are many pages of data even though I have selected 1 result (that feels like a bug, but not sure).
However, this is ugly and will be a pain to maintain (adding or changing status would involve touching 30 filters, one by one). Is there any better, more elegant way to try and achieve this functionality?