I have built in a few custom fields at the story ticket level to be able to capture certain metrics. These fields need to be editable by a single user role only but viewable to everyone else. Is there a way to lock down custom fields to be able to do that but still allow the flexibility for the admin/edit access user to work from a normal ticket view to edit. Both fields are checkbox type fields.
Hi @DeAnna Law
This is a very common question that people ask, field level permission is not a feature in Jira natively. What you can do however is use the workflow instead.
I hope it helps.
Ravi
I managed to do something similar for a client by with a few workflow and screens trick:
Step 3: Create a Workflow Condition to allow the transition only to specific users
Step 4 and final: Remove the fields from the Edit and Create screen from the Screen Scheme of the project.
I hope it helps. If this answer helps solve the problem, please come back and mark this answer as solved to help other community members with the same challenge. If not, you are welcome to share your solution as well.
Cheers,
Alex
Thank you this is useful!
Thank you Ravi, maybe in the future there is a feature request in JIRA's backlog to allow this. I know that backlog is long but a girl can hope.
Oh yes there is already a feature request for it but I am not sure if Atlassian will do it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.