Hi,
I'm trying to create a template that my team can use to make Epics. My requirements are: dynamic variables (that the creator of the new epic can fill in) as well as templated epic tasks as well as subtasks for each of them (with access to the dynamic variable as well). For example, presume a dynamic variable [Story Title]. The epic creator would use the template to create an epic. They'd, for instance, set the [Story Title] as "testing".
I'd like an epic to be created called "testing Epic", with multiple story tickets nested underneath it, inheriting the [Story Title] as well. Furthermore, these story tickets should each have subtasks that inherit the variable as well.
I tried creating a template with Deviniti's "Issue Templates" plug-in, which works very well for templating standalone tickets. However, when I try to create a template epic with child stories (which each have child subtasks) and try to create a new epic based on that template, I get a warning reading: "Can't find Task in the ABC project. Can't create issue from TMPLT-20 template". I've substituted the project name with 'ABC'.
Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this? Alternatively, are there other, easy ways to create epic templates that contain child stories (which each contain child subtasks) that inherit dynamic variables from the top-level epic template itself? Thanks in advance for your help!