Hello all! I'm fairly new to Jira and it's software. Our organisation has been using it since April and I've only started here in july so been using it as a user for 3-4 months now.
We've got our ticketing system running in Teamwork at the moment but want to migrate this to Jira Service Management Cloud. I've been given this assignment (and also the admin rights to the organisation) and almost all features and functions we use in Teamwork are there in Jira Service or can be created with workflows or automations. However, I've got 1 feature in Teamwork which I cannot seem to find or be able to create in Jira. And this is a dealbreaker for us: It's the way teamwork handles incoming mails and the way you can reply to the tickets. Let me demonstrate:
- Whenever a ticket is created in Teamwork. The mail is saved with the ticket but also shows all the TO, FROM and CC fields of the mail.
- When I click on reply on this ticket, the reply automatically fills in the TO and CC field based on the mail used to create the ticket.
What I need/want in Jira service is that when a mail comes in to create a ticket, people from the CC are somewhere stored in a (custom) field so we can see who else has received the e-mail. And when I go on to reply on the ticket, I should be able to mail to not just the 1 person who created the ticket but also the people from the CC.
I've tried a few things but the 2 worth mentioning are:
- I've tried the CC watchter function in the mail handler. It says it's on true but whenever I mail to create a ticket, the customer who's in the CC and already a customer in Jira, that mail does not get to be set a Watcher.
- I've created a custom field 'Reporters' in which you can set multiple users. Manually I can set this to the correct people. But this should be filled in by an automation which takes the CC part of the mail and fills in the reporters field. But I couldn't make this work in Automations (perhaps missed a functionality?).
- This would be step 1 ofcourse. After this I'd still need to be able to mail to these people as well.
Am I looking for something that doesn't exists? Or is it something that doesn't work from Jira itself but can be done with a Jira app like Enterprise mail handler for Jira? Hopefully one of you knows the way.
Thank you in advance!