Hey folks,
I am working on a small Figma plugin and would like to access information (status, name) of Jira tickets. However, when I try to fetch data I get the CORS error
<a href="https://parkside-interactive.atlassian.net/rest/agile/1.0/issue/DT-25" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" target="_blank">https://[companyname].atlassian.net/rest/agile/1.0/issue/DT-25</a>' <br>from origin '<a href="https://www.figma.com/" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" target="_blank">https://www.figma.com</a>' has been blocked by CORS policy: Response to preflight <br>request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present <br>on the requested resource. If an opaque response serves your needs, set the request's mode to <br>'no-cors' to fetch the resource with CORS disabled.Access to fetch at '
<br>The Figma docs say the following
Note: because Figma and Figma plugins run inside a browser environment, Cross-Origin Resource Sharing policies apply. Plugins run inside an iframe with a null origin. This means that they will only be able to call APIs with Access-Control-Allow-Origin: * (i.e., those that allow access from any origin). In the example above, we use a CORS proxy for simplicity, but it’s not something you generally need to or should use.
Does this mean that ultimately I will not be able to access Jira (unless they add the Access-Control-Allow-Origin on the server side)? Or is there any way to get around this?
Thanks
Lukas