Hi,I would like to get email notification from Jira whenever any issue in any project gets a comment. I am Jira Admin, but the only thing I found is to set this notification for particular issue (it is in Notification Helper).
Hi Aleksandra - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You can setup an automation rule to do that for you.
Here is some more information to get you started with Autmoation:
There are two types of automation:
Automation Basics: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/expand-jira/automation
You can do this via global rules to apply to all projects also. You'll need to be a Jira Admin/Site Admin, go to Jira Settings > System > Automation Rules (left-hand menu).
For more on using Automation For Jira see these help pages.
Jira Automation Template Library to help get you started quickly:
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/labels/all/customLabelId/1453
You will then create a trigger for Issue Commented.
Be sure to make it a single project rule in the rule details and choose your project.
Then select a new action to Send email and have it send you and email.
In the bottom of the email, you can put in this text so there will be a clickable link:
<a href="{{issue.toUrl}}">{{issue.summary}}</a>
thank you, I will try that for sure, but one more question: can I apply this rule only to me as a user? I dont want all the Jira users to be triggered with additional jira notifications.
Sure - you can type your email address in the To section. But you need to type the address and then click on it to put it in the To field.
John,one more question How can I add the issue link with the comment summary, so I can easily go to jira issue >I can't find a smart value and {{issue.link}} does not work.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.