I want to copy original estimate field into any of the custom field
Hi @Suchithra s
You can do that by creating either a Jira automation, or via a workflow post function. E.g. in Jira automation you could create something like the following:
Hi Alex,
How can I do it from workflow post functions?
(Copy original estimate field value to any of the text custom field)
Regards,
Suchithra S
@Suchithra s Add a post function like the following one:
I tried this post function, but after the transition the text field took the value "None"
In the create transition, copying the value will not work. Also you have to make sure that there is a value within the original estimate field.
@Alex Koxaras -Relational- , That post function didn't work
I tried to copy the value to number custom field(Original estimate number), It throws the following error-> Please find attachment
I tried to copy the value to text custom field(QA ETA), It throws the following error-> Please find attachment
There is an underlying thing that I think is worth explaining here.
The original estimate is not really a duration between two times or a list of elapsed weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds.
Behind the scenes, it is a very simple number of seconds. Everywhere you see it displayed like "2d 4h 15m" that is some code converting the number of seconds into a "pretty" display string.
So, when you "convert" an estimate to a number field, all you're really doing is copying a number of seconds. The number field does not know that it is a number of seconds, and does not have any code to display it in the "pretty" format.
If you want it in a format other than a simple number of seconds, you'll have to copy it into a string field and do some coding to make it go through a "pretty" transformation.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.