I'm new to Jira. The first project I created was from the Bug Tracking template. I began exploring the product and imported all my issues, 600+.
I also created another project from the Scrum template, to see what the differences were.
I created a roadmap in the Scrum project. Then I realized I could create a Scrum Board / Roadmap in my Bug Tracking project. So I did that, but there seems to be a subtle difference that is pretty inconvenient.
In the Scrum Project Epic, when I click on the option to "Add a Child Issue" there are 2 options available, "Create New Issue" or "Choose Existing Issue". In the Bug Tracking project, even though I created a Scrum board, there is only 1 option for "Add a Child Issue" and that is "Create a New Issue". Since I already have 600+ issues and want to assign them to new Epics I create, I really want to use the "Choose Existing Issue" option that isn't available.
Technically I can move all my issues to the Scrum project, but I was hoping there was just a setting that needs to be changed to make the "Choose Existing Issue" option available in the Bug Tracking project.
Any suggestions?
And just an FYI, I know there is a "Link Child Issue" in both projects for the Epic, but I'm not interested in linking issues, I want to add them as children.
Thanks for any insight.