Hi there,
I have configured my non working days as in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-are-quot-non-working-days-quot-in-the-Control-Chart-sourced/qaq-p/1799974.
if I click "Include non working days in calculations" in my control chart, average time for my filter is 4w 18h 20m. If I deselec it, result is 2w 6d 6h
Apparently is working ok, cause numbers are different. This creates me some questions:
- if average time spent in progress in reality has been 4 weeks, shouldnt JIRA show 4 weeks regardess jira is counting weekends or not. My logic says it should be 4 weeks of 5 days or 4 weeks of 7 days, but anyways 4 weeks
-if JIRA is storing time in days every new 24 hours, first option could be 4w of 5 days =20d and second option is 2w of 7 days=14+6d=20d. Does this means first calculation is removing weekends (where is the time spent on weekends then?), so choice to take for almost all companies? Another clue to support this theory is that second option has 6d in calculation. so counting saturday. How is it done? Why time spent is higher if I chose "include non working days in calculation"?
-to me, looks like Jira has just built weeks of 5 or 7 days to divide whole amount by them, depending on selecting or unselecting this button, but that's differrent from removing time tasks have spent on weekends
-Can anyone explain the logic behind this button??
Many thanks!
21