Quick question...
For anyone that accesses the portal to file tickets in different projects, do those people all need a Jira license? Like people filing helpdesk tickets - they need a Jira license to file a helpdesk ticket via the portal?
Thank you!
@Jaime Pirnie,
only the users answering customer tickets require a license. Everyone else raising the tickets are free.
Thank you! A quick follow-up question - is this also the case for Jira with the upgraded license for SSO? Same people will need full licenses but people filing tickets do not?
Are you referring to Atlassian access? If so, Atlassian Access is only charged if the user has a license for an Atlassian product. Service Management customers aren't billed if that's all they use access for.
Yeah, I’m asking about Jira and adding the Atlassian Access so I can set up SSO.
So for example, if I have 20 users working tickets in Jira, and 50 other users also signing in with SSO only filing tickets into a service account project, the only additional fees that we would pay would be the $3 additional per user for those 20 that are working tickets. All the other people that sign in with SSO just to file requests still do not require a license.
Am I understanding this right?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.