Hi, In my JSM workflow, after an incident is fixed, we move the status to the customer in order to acknowledge/accept the incident is fixed.
Technically: We move the ticket to "Awaiting Customer Approval" which has Approval (Accept/Reject) and we also set the Resolution to Done. If the Customer accepts, we just go ahead and move the ticket to Closed, otherwise, back to Pending Review. (see screenshot)
I was thinking that instead of the above (or in the screenshot), once a customer accepts, move to a status Resolved and after x days if no comment made by the customer, automatically move the incident to closed. As far as I am concerned, once we send to the customer to Awaiting Customer Approval, the incident is resolved. Meaning the team resolved it in production. Is this the right way? And should I set the resolution to Done at this time? We just want the customer to know we fixed it and for them to acknowledge it before fully closing the incident.
My question is what is the best practice workflow for sending the fixed incident to the customer for approval, resolving and closing it?
By the way, the reason I am re-thinking this is because of SLAs. Time to resolve and time from Resolve to Closed.
thanks!
