Multiple attempts to import a CSV file into Jira have failed. I have set the delimiters correctly, but all the columns in the file are loaded into a single field in Jira. Can you assist?
Hi @Todd B_ Cutick and welcome to the community!
If Jira keeps importing everything in one cell, then you are not setting the correct delimiter. Save your file as utf-8 csv with commas delimiters.
If you are not able to do that, then on Jira try other delimiters, such as semi colon ";".
Tried multiple delimiters with no success. File was saved as utf-8. I'm wondering if the problem is the result of the liberal use of commas in the text of each column. I did try replacing the comma delimeter with a $, but there was still no success.
Can you share anything? Like a screenshot of your csv, or your csv, or your import process?
One problem is setting the delimiters globally without messing with the commas in the text (I changed the comma delimiter to a $ sign, but that changed all the commas in the text, too. I have at least 1300 user stories to import, and manually setting the delimiters is, at best, an arduous task. It may be easier to just manually copy-paste each row into Jira, but I want to avoid that level of effort.
Hi @Todd B_ Cutick - Did you ever get this resolved?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.