Acording with the documentation, Automation JQL condition suport smart values.
How do i set de following condition?:
Find issues that have the same custom field date as trigger issue.
Hi @Sofia Quintero
Your image appears to show too many curly-brackets around the value. Please try just two around each side:
{{triggerIssue.customfield_10043}}
Of note: what is the type of your field? If it has a time you may need to strip off the time part for the comparison by changing the format:
{{triggerIssue.customfield_10043.jqlDate}}
Kind regards,Bill
Thank you @Bill Sheboy for answer,The custom field is a Date Picker type.
I´ve tried with both format that you mentioned:
Thanks, Sofia. What that error tells me one of three things is happening:
Let's try this: immediately after your trigger, add two things:
Checking {{issue.key}} for custom field = {{triggerIssue.customfield_10043}}
a) If the rule works after adding the re-fetch, the cause was #1
b) If the audit log does not show your date, it is either #2 or #3
Thank you very much @Bill Sheboy !!!
You were right, the rule was running too quickly, so the field was empty.I modify de trigger to give it time, and got the result expected.
Thank you!
Hi @Bill Sheboy I hope you can help me.
I have a case similar to Sofia's but in "if : Issue match JQL" I want to search for issues that have the same Account as the trigger issue. Apparently the smart value must contain {{issue.TempoAccountField.value}} but I can't write a correct condition.
Kind regards,Estelle
Hi @Estelle Decanis
For older threads like this, I recommend creating a new question and linking back to the older one. Otherwise only the people following it will see your question to offer suggestions. Thanks!
Would you please post an image of your complete automation rule, the details of the condition with your JQL, and the audit log details showing the rule execution? Those will provide context for your question. Also, what version of Jira are you using: Cloud, Server, or Data Center?
Until we see those...
Smart values are name, spacing, and case-sensitive. And often the smart value does not match the displayed field name on the issue views. The how-to article below helps to identify the correct smart value (and custom field id) for any supported fields for automation rules. The essential steps are:
https://<yourinstanceurl>/rest/api/2/issue/<issuekey>?expand=names
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field/
@Bill Sheboyok. I have created another request
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Automation-JQL-condition-using-smart-values/qaq-p/2563051
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.