Hi,
How does JIRA know that an email response to a ticket should be associated with that ticket and doesn’t create a new ticket entirely? We have a client using our JIRA service desk via their own internal IT support service. The client's system sends an email to raise a ticket to our JIRA service.
However, I need to know how JIRA ascertains that a ticket email relates to a ticket chain/existing ticket or is a new ticket. For example, if JIRA receives 2 tickets via email with an Identical Summary/Subject title from the same email address will JIRA know that these are two different tickets, or will it assume these are individual tickets?
To add, I have tried to break this to stop an email being associated with a ticket by removing the subject line entirely and replying below the line but this has not stopped the responses coming through on the correct ticket. I wondered if JIRA used a pixel within the emails sent out giving the responses a unique ID.
Thanks