Hi All,
I wanted to get the communities thoughts on content management and archiving Confluence spaces that are no longer in use but we may need to keep.
I am wanting to develop a solution that will help us manage and keep our storage space down. Going to a higher subscription isnt an option right now.
In the past the solutions I have seen is as follows:
Option 1: spinning up another Confluence cloud instance where the non-active spaces are located. This has a policy where the content is reviewed annually and content gets removed based on certain criteria.
Pros: Means the main instance only have relevant content
Cons: extra cost to host another instance
Option 2: Exporting out the Space content into a PDF format and storing it on another platform i.e. internal intranet. Also, doing a XML export of the site and storing in that format so if user need it to be but back into confluence it is possible.
Options 3: Using the internal Archiving feature in Confluence Cloud. Using this function I wonder what happens to the storage aspect of your instance.
What do you feel about all these options and has anyone tried something different or similar?
Regards,
A