What is Jira? What is it used for? How do I learn how to use it?
Hi @jdigiova,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Simply put, Jira is a project and issue management tool. You can get more information about the Jira family here, Learn how Jira products work. I would also recommend that you check out Jira Fundamentals which is free, and also check out the other free tutorials that Atlassian University offers.
Hi @jdigiova - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I suggest you start by taking a look at this:
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/getting-started/basics#step-2-pick-a-template
Hi @jdigiova ,
Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.
I would suggest you to go through this Jira Overview - https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/getting-started/overview
.
Hi @jdigiova
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!!
What is Jira and why it is used for?
Jira Software is part of a family of products designed to help teams of all types manage work. Originally, Jira was designed as a bug and issue tracker. But today, Jira has evolved into a powerful work management tool for all kinds of use cases, from requirements and test case management to agile software development.
How do I learn how to use it?
Mainly Atlassian have the official Documentation for each tool like, Jira, Jira Service Management etc. Atlassian have three of Deployment of Jira, like Jira Cloud, Jira DC, Jira Server.
Here is the link for Jira Documentations: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/jira-software-documentation-774242447.html
And another method to learn Jira through videos. Atlassian have special University called Atlassian University where you can find basic videos which are free of cost. Here is the link for Atlassian University.
https://www.atlassian.com/university
Hope this helps you !!
Thanks,
Mayur
Thank you.
Thank you. I will start with the links you sent.
Thank you!
Will do. Thank you.
If the answer is helpful please hit the accept ✅ so that people can find this answer useful.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.