I use Jira for my own personal projects, which means I'm not working on things full-time. Sometimes a period of time can elapse when I'm not working on them, sometimes I'm going all the time. My workflow is completely managed by me and I have no particular deadlines to work to at the moment.
I really like the Kanban board layout, but I really hate these little red dots that pop up on issues, apparently letting me know that I've not been working to the pace that Kanban demands. They're distracting and have no relevance to me, and I can't seem to find any way to turn them off or even configure them.
These dots on the left of these issues are what I'm talking about:

I've been through all the project & global settings I can find, but there are so many screens and they're so dense, frankly it's hard to know if I've checked all of them thoroughly.