I'm in the process of building a new instance of Jira Software Cloud for my company and we will be using the Advance Roadmap feature to help us manage and plan work for our small team. I have multiple projects on the plan and I have added several Legends, Epics, and Stories as an example to our management. I've created three shared kanban teams and added them to the plan; two of the teams have one user each and one of them has no users currently.
A number of my issues have manual start and due dates, but I just added another set of issues to try and use the auto-scheduler. It has a Legend, an Epic, and two stories. One story is the dependency of the other. Dependencies are configured to be scheduled sequentially using days. I did not add start and due dates for these two stories and one story has an estimate of 5 days and the other 10 days. The epic has an estimate of 15 days and the Legend, an estimate of 30 days. I assigned one of the teams with 1 user in it to these 4 issues.
When I click the auto-schedule button, the number of days each issue is given is far lower than the estimate. The screenshot below shows the resulting auto-schedule gives the team 1 day to complete the 5 day issue and 2 days to complete the 10 day issue. Why is this the case and how do I get the plan to respect the estimates given in the estimates field?
