Trying to add Epic Field to the Create Issue screen but could not find the EPIC field to be add in configuration.
Current workaround is add the EPIC after Story/issue created, which sometime we may forgot to add EPIC after story/issue created.
Hi @Cindy Tan
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!!
I assume you mean that you can't add an Epic Link field on new tickets?
If this is the case, you need to:
More info here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/defining-a-screen-776636475.html
Thanks,
Mayur
Hi @Mayur Jadhav,
Thanks so much for your prompt reply.However, I could not field the EPIC field in my field selection on the right panel and there is no option for me to find the hidden field. My screen as below. Thank you
That's you need to add epic link field to issue create/view/edit screen.
Here is the link which can help you to understand
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-field-layout-in-the-issue-view/
Just to be clear - there is no "EPIC field" in Jira, it doesn't mean anything to us when you say that.
Mayur has made the same assumption I would - that you mean the "Epic Link" which enables you to put an issue into an Epic.
Hi folks, Jira Product Manager here.
We'll be supporting selecting an epic/parent when creating an issue for next-gen projects in the coming months. I appreciate this is a long time coming. While I can't offer a more precise ship date at the moment as we have a lot of technical challenges to work through, rest assured it's on the way.
Any update on the timing of this?
It really brings a lot of pain to not be able to add Epic right after creating a story or task. I hope this possibility will be back soon.
+1 looking for this functionality.
I am at my second migration from team-managed to company-managed project. That is the Jira that works. "next-gen" was released too soon and is still missing essential fieatures. Stay away from this. Migrate your issues and get actual work done.
I migrated from Jira to Linear and could not have been happier Its amazing what a well designed piece of software can do to your productivity and happiness.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.